Thread: Pattern testing
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:02 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I've been testing patterns for a magazine for some time now- the way it works for them is- I sign up/agree to test a particular pattern (they show a picture of the quilt on a tester needed page) they send me the pattern, a test report sheet and a 'must be completed by' date. I purchase fabrics (generally as close to the same colors as the pattern designer used) and follow the instructions completely to create the quilt- if I find there is a problem that causes me to not be able to continue as written I contact them right away for instructions on how to proceed- if there are any math problems, illustration problems, unclear written instruction or errors I write them down on the test sheet. when the quilt top is finished I send in my test sheet and a couple pictures of the quilt top. gives them the opportunity to correct any problems- re-write, adjust what ever. then when I get the quilt quilted & bound I send in additional pictures that are then published in the magazine. the rules are- we are not to share the pattern, show pictures of the quilt, or show anyone the quilt until it has been published- then we are allowed to sell up to 5 of them if we want and can share them on line or where ever.