View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Fuzzykittenbutt

Default My new (old) Singer 15

So, my oral exam went very well...got the highest mark possible, and now I can finally upload some pictures of my Singer 15. She needs some work (maybe a lot? what do you all think I'm getting myself into here). The treadle and table top for her are in good condition. Temporarily we've had a different table top mounted on the treadle for the last couple of months, since we needed a table after our move and I knew I wouldn't be able to restore her for awhile (and also have no experience doing so, so this should be interesting!). But now that table top will be coming off (although my boyfriend who helped me mount it on the treadle is not too pleased about it, since it took some effort to get it mounted on the treadle in the first place...but he'll have to get over it, hehe!). So without further ado, here are the pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474787[/ATTACH]
This pic's a bit fuzzy; sorry about that!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474788[/ATTACH]
Pretty table edge and nice patina on the wood.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474789[/ATTACH]
Her rusty nose

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474790[/ATTACH]
She's from 1905!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474791[/ATTACH]
Missing a large back plate (are they just called back plates??). And is the smaller hole to the far right supposed to be covered or not?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474792[/ATTACH]
And finally, I know the holes are for the belt that connects to the treadle, but what are those brass covered indentations next to them for??

I'm looking forward to getting started and restoring her! If anyone knows the answers to the questions above, I'd be very grateful (I'm sure most of you do; I'm a bit initimidated by the wealth of knowledge about antique machines in forum! :-))
Attached Thumbnails img_4814.jpg   img_4809.jpg   img_4810.jpg   img_4812.jpg   img_4815.jpg  

img_4813.jpg   img_4817.jpg