Thread: Bush Fire Bear
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Craftygirl

Default Bush Fire Bear

I'd like to share this photo of a quilt I have made for someone special, even though I have never met her. I live in a beautful area of Western Australia known locally as the Perth Hills. Unfortunately being surrounded by bush has its disadvantages when we have a very long, hot summer as we have just experienced. A few months ago a devastating bush fire swept through our lovely area leaving 57 families without homes. The one blessing was that no lives were lost.
The wonderful quilting group that I attend at our local church rallied immediately and every family who lost their home will receive a quilt and where there are children there will be one each. I chose to make this one for a particular lady who is a teacher at a nearby primary school. She is a keen collector of teddy bears and of course lost them all with her home. I hope she will like it.
I would also like to day a big thank you to whoever designed this quilt. I copied it from a photo on Flickr and take no credit whatever for the design.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg