Thread: Mailing a quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:18 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I have had a mixed bag with the post office when it comes to delivery. The only problems I have had was a group of patterns I sold here on the board. The lady received it without three of the ten patterns! I refunded her money for them, but, I lodged a complaint with the postmaster general on line and there was an investigation. They never found my patterns. I am sure it was one of the gals who watched me fill the envelope at the small post office up here in the valley. I now go to the main post office to drop off my package. I use the on line postal service to pre-print my own postage and create my own label. It is a snap!

The other incident was a priority box sent to me from a gal in texas. It went to up state new York and back across the country to California and then back to Nevada before reaching me! Might I just add, almost a month to get here?

All that being said, I love the flat rate envelopes and boxes. No weighing, confirmation included and I tape the dickens out of it to insure the label isn't easily water logged or torn off. I also use a plastic bag inside with the address repeated on a slip of paper.
I have had no more trouble with lost or stolen items.
I like the idea of using a signed receipt, and I think I will do this next quilt I send next week. You are right, a signature doesn't lie.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-08-2014 at 09:25 AM.