View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Originally Posted by dray965 View Post
I've designed a quilt in EQ7 for my Pastor who is from Little Rock, Arkansas and is an avid Arkansas Razorback Football fan. The quilt block used is called Arkansas Crossroads.

It will be for his birthday which is this october. It is turning out so well, that I may not want to give it away.

The saying will be free-motioned embroidered. Note: I've put his name and birthday in a layout that is how it would be done, if the saying was a Biblical scripture...as in (Psalm 91:2).

Now to my question. The pig is to be appliqued. I bought solid red and black for that...but now am wondering if I should use the quilts red and red/black print to make him. what do you think? Actually thought of making 2 of them and seeing which one works best.

Also, the pig's bottom layer is to be black, with the next layer in red, then the definitions (shadows, teeth, etc.) will be layered on top of the red. Do you think this will be too bulky? Don't know how to get around that and make him look right. I was thinking of using freezer paper to fasten it all down before sewing to the quilt...but think that would make it too stiff.

Any ideas???
I made a Razorback Quilt -- it is all hand satin-stitch embroidery on whole cloth, using a 12" red border. My cousin in Oklahoma quilted it for me (she has a quilt shop) and it turned out really nice. My nephew and his bride were very happy with it (it ws a wedding gift, and is shown in my avatar! If you wish, I can send you a better photo! Your quilt is beautifully pieced. I spent 5 months doing the embroidery on this thing, but it was worth it in the long run. I also made pillow shams to go with it! My nephew and his bride made a whole room, including their bathroom, decorated razorback!

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 05-08-2014 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Addition.