View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
I wish I did, unfortunately, no extras of 17. I did check eBay on there are a few listed right now. Some are priced real high, but two aren't bad - a buy it now $10.95, free shipping and one for $6.99 plus $2.69 shipping, but it's auction style and you to wait 6 days to see if you and the price could go higher. One is going for $22.50 plus $1.95 shipping. Didn't realize it was that popular!
I don't think it's that it's that popular, it's that it was an add on cam. I saw a chart that said that the 600/600E might have been the only machine it shipped with by default. That means there's simply fewer of them around.

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
I found the #22 cam but do not have the special pressure foot to use with it. Then I read that it will not work in a 401 anyway? It is a knit stitch I think. The 401 is my Mom's and when knits became popular (around 1970) she got a basic Kenmore with knit stitches and has used it ever since on top of the Singer Cabinet with the 401 in it. I was hoping this #22 cam and foot would sew knits for her but I guess not. I have an extra 0 came from somewhere too, but the 401 doesn't need it.
I thought it was cam 23 that didn't work with the 401? And that one I have to try in the 411 only because I read somewhere that the reason it doesn't work is because of the lack of chainstitching capability. The 411g chains so I thought maybe it was worth trying.

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
I think tomorrow I will check my boxes and see what cams I have/need. Like I NEED more stuff to do....LOL
Oh pfft! Think of all the trouble we're keeping you out of by giving you a new quest.