Thread: panel quilts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 AM
soccertxi

I have been going thru all my old Quiltmaker magazines. yesterday i came across an article about how to make your panels bigger. I copied it to save it! I looked on the QM website but the pdf they have is not coming up. Here are their suggestions:

add spacer strips- dont be afraid to add them just to the sides. Some of those panels are long and skinny. If you add spacer strips on the sides, you can then add blocks in a border. You could also do the same if you need length-add them top and bottom. Or you can make the whole thing the right size to add blocks as a border if you put a border all the way around. Sorry..there will be math involved!

-if you just need a bit more, add extra blocks down one side...or down the side and across the bottom. This makes your panel off center and adds some interest.

I wish I could drop a link in here for that page. It kinda fired my interest...and made me look at panels with a bit more interest! I will try again. Could be my AOL...its been giving me fits lately.

-