Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 AM
soccertxi

Have you checked out Yahoo to see if there is a Tin Lizzie/Queen quilter group? Nothing like someone who owns the same model to hold your hand (ask me how I know! 4th machine, 3rd frame, 1st NEW with new owners class...I was on my OWN with the early systems) Make sure you are using the right needle for your machine. I was using what I thought was what I got with the machine, only to find out, they were Singer needles and I should have been using Groz-Bekerts (sp). I have never used Rainbows but love both Glide and Omni. I DO have to adjust quite a bit for the Glide as its slippery. Maybe set up a practice piece, and teach yourself how to crank the top tension. Have a look at Jamie Wallens YouTube Video on bobbin tension. An ahHA moment for me..good for all makes and models

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mRhcquZTM

I looked for a Queen quilter yahoo group and didn't locate one. I find a TinLizzie group. I know there is a machine quilting group for all sizes also. I would search for them on Google or Bing. I was not having luck on Yahoo even when used the right words. When I used a search engine,it popped right up. I had missed a space...sigh

hope this gets you started. I am sorry you are having issues. Just remember, its a learning PROCESS. Everytime you have to fix a tension issue, or whatever, you are learning to trouble shoot the next time. I remember having to look at the book to load a quilt for a YEAR! Now its second nature. Hang in there!

PS I DO have a repairman I could call to make a housecall. He is not with the dealer, but has worked on machines for years. When I got my 1st system, I asked him if he made house calls. I have not needed to call him , but nice to know he is avail....sorry..I'm in Phx