View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 AM
monopas

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Two slant machines here, a 620 Golden Touch & Sew and a 648 Touch& Sew. IIRC I gave the 620 to Olivia. I think the "Golden" meant a couple extra features over the regular machines but I'm not certain. I've got two partial sets of cams and attachments for them. My 648 is my money pit machine. Macybaby was kind enough to sell me the parts I needed for it when I first brought it home, it sewed for the next few weeks then one evening the top vertical gear in it just disintegrated. I'll buy some new gears for it after I've caught up on a few other projects. I like the machine, it sewed well when it was working and I think it's worth fixing again. I could replace it for less money and trouble (I've already passed on a couple other Touch & Sews) but there's no guarantee the gears would be any better in those.
So far those are our only slant needle machines.
I haven't sewn on any other machines besides my old black straight stitchers to really notice a significant difference in visibility between slant needle machines and vertical yet. Only one thing to do-get more later model vertical needle machines so I can do a fair comparison between them.
Rodney
Rodney, I've got a 758 sitting in my garage that I'd be happy to strip, or give to you for stripping, if it would help.