Thread: EQ7 - should I?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
(it seems many of us have been attracted to quilting)
It must be all that fussy attention to little details that appeals!!

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I do think those who find it easy tend to be younger and are the type who find it easy to learn how to use smartphones without books or a teen on hand.
Well I'm still in my 30's (by a hair) and figured out my smartphone just fine, but some stuff in EQ7 is still beyond me!

But to be fair, I haven't really TRIED to learn some of those things. I get so far and realize I don't know what to do next and it's just so much easier to go back to my faithful graph paper than it is to do the research to figure out what I'm missing within the software! So it's partially just laziness on my part, I can't entirely blame the software for how slowly I'm learning to use it.

But even with my partial understanding of the software, I love playing around in there. It's a lot of fun to design blocks and throw them into a quilt and play with rotations and color options with just a click. I am sure I've gotten my money's worth just in entertainment value, and I also HAVE successfully designed several quilts in there.