View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Wow, what memories this thread is bringing. Amma, I must be very close to you in age because I had a lot of those toys too. The lite brite etc.
BTW the toy that made the bugs was not a creepy crawler, that was the bugs set name. The toy itself was called a Thingmaker. You could buy all different cooking discs that you poured the "Goop" into. There were flowers, bugs, all kinds of shapes. I even got glow in the dark goop. That toy was a favorite, and yes it did stink up the place when you were cooking the things. I remember kiddles and i had a kiddle playhouse to go with mine that had an elevator you would work by turning a little plastic wheel. The string broke on that thing so many times! :lol:
I also collected troll dolls. Then I graduated to Malibu barbie and my best friend and I played "warrier woman" with them. We made them Red Sonja type armor out of sequins all sewn together into a skimpy little bikini outfit and used those little olive stabbers that look like swords as their weapons. At that time Red Sonja was a character in the Conan comic books, this was LOOONG before the movies came out. We were also nuts for Breyer Plastic horses.
Did anyone ever have those create a sculpture things? They were hard plastic figurines buried in a shapeless mass of plaster of paris. You had to attach them to a table or workbench with vice grips and the kit came with a little hammer and chisel you would use to chip off the paster of paris to reveal the hard plastic statue underneath. You could buy all different statues to go with the main kit. Wow what a trip down memory lane.