View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:57 AM
hulahoop1

I have wanted a long arm for several years. I made do with a Janome 1600p and an 8-foot table my husband built for me. I quilted about 30 quilts on this set up and loved it. I learned a lot. In the past year, I have retired and returned to the mainland from Hawaii. In the move, I sold this setup and spent a lot of time researching the internet to compare a number of long arms to replace it. A local quilt store specializes in Gammills and has them available for rent. I took their class (required for using their machines) and have since quilted a small number of quilts. This also gave me a little experience while doing my research. A second quilt store has just become a dealer for APQS machines. Last week, I traveled to SLC to the HMQS show and took the opportunity to learn more about long arms. They had Gammills, APQS, Innova, HQ, Noltings, Juki, A-1, and others. Before going to this show, I had narrowed my choices down to Gammills, Innova, and APQS. In the end, I purchased the APQS Lenni and am now anxiously awaiting its arrival!