View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 04:21 AM
Macybaby

And then downstairs. Though I don't have pictures, there are four cabinets and 6 machines in the library, two treadles in the bedroom and another two machines in my office - so that makes for another 10.

So, to recap, we've got 16 in the sewing room, 33 in the treadle room, 6 in the Library, 2 in the bedroom and 2 in the office, for a total of 59 - so where are the rest?

In the Dining room converted to my quilting room.

The far wall has a cabinet with a 66 inside, and one of my favorite cabinets with a 15-91 set up. And then there is the Bailey on the frame.

On the other side I have a cabinet that I'm fixing - and the 401 will go inside eventually, and in front I have the new 301 cabinet.

And then the other wall- I took the two shelves we had made when I had the treadles in my dressing room and moved them out here - and they just fit! This is were I'll display Singers. Got room for 10 machines on the shelf.

And the rest . . . most of the cases are empty now, but there are two with machines that are part of the "collection" and DH's Viking 6570. The rest of what is under here will hopefully find new homes - so I don't count them. The Golden on the bottom is DH's mom's machine, and after he gets it working, it's going back to her.

So that adds up to 9 machines on the shelves, four in cabinets, one on the frame and another three under the frame that will stay - 17 machines (there are another 7 under there that don't belong in the collection).

So we'll add the 17 to the 59 and we've got 76 machines, not counting those that need new homes. So I actually have 84 machines in the house right now.