View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 01:46 PM
omaluvs2quilt

Thank you so much, she was the love of my life. Now I have another maltese with a totally zaney personality, love her too, and the yorkie has a much younger playmate...she's now the "old girl" at 4 1/2.

I probably didn't use your technique (but I am buying the book, so I can next time)! I did another one by cutting out the top fabric and laying over a darker fabric, but since I used white on this one, it would show thru, so I actually used fused applique this time. I just really love the idea of it and especially the way you use so few lines to capture the essence of a portrait

I did take the heart off, every time I looked at it my eyes were drawn to it, so I will fmq it in instead.

Originally Posted by grammatjr View Post
I just saw this thread! What a great job you did on your beautiful little friend. I am so sorry for your loss.

I am glad that the technique worked for you, and I love doing this technique as condolence quilts too.

Personally, I like the heart on the front, since it is in red, it really pulls together the corner blocks (which BTW the border is fantastic!). I liked the suggestion of making the hair bow red too.