Old 05-15-2014, 04:26 AM
janRN

Nice to hear from all of you. Busy time of the year for the Farmer's Wives in the group. I'm envious; I can't grow a thing (except fatter LOL).

My dad could grow anything anywhere--beautiful flowers, bountiful garden. The house I live in has a large sun room on the front so I filled it with lots of plants. They did okay for about a month then got kind of brown & droopy. My dad said he'd check them to see why while I was at work. I came home from work, opened the door and was knocked over by the smell!! I immediately thought my dog had a HUGE accident--but no! My dad had added a small amount of manure to each potted plant (about 30 of them) to help them along. OMG!! The sun had baked the smell all day, couldn't open enough windows fast enough and start fans running. I took the plants out side and with a spoon scooped all the visible manure out. My house smelled for days!! Of course the plants did well and I never did mention the problem to my dad. It's funny now but oh my!

Getting more storms today, internet is intermittent. For the first time in a long time I'm caught up on 99% of my projects. Maybe I'll clean today. Maybe not LOL! Have a great day.