Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 AM
carriem

Great to catch up with many of you.

OK--to answer your question, we have a couple weeks of school left. Normally we are done by early May, but this year with my bout of migraines and then DH having back surgery, school got put on the back burner for a couple weeks. I worked at the quilt shop yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months! It was fun to be back. I am cutting back there...one other day in May and then just one day in June. My headaches are no longer regular migraines, but still there some of each day so 7 hrs of work just gets to be too much all at once...plus I never know which days might turn out to be bad ones.

We went to KY last weekend for the National Archery tournament. DS was one of 5 kids on the team to qualify. He shot his best score (287 out of 300). He ended up 35 out of nearly 2500 archers in his age group...he was disappointed he wasn't in the top 20 (then he would have qualified for "World"), but I still think he did a great job!!

Jan--don't feel too bad, I can't grow things either!

I have time today after school to spend in the clubhouse. I think I will work on a couple "50-Stars"...I decided to just start where everyone else is and work to the end, then several of us are starting again in January to make up the blocks we missed. I might have them all done by then, it just depends on if I get on a roll and keep making them or just make a few to get "ahead" and then work on another quilt. I need to get the borders and binding on my MB quilt, so that might be my next thing....

Hope everyone has a great day! HUGS!!