View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Bee Beatty

Yes, I was a new Boom Swapper last round. Some wonderful quilter pointed me to www.quilterscache.com....school to the bottom of the home page and find "Blocks Galore"...click and find Blocks by Size.....then click 12 Inch ...and the list is terrific. The instructions easy to follow. I had a great time making new designs . Love that sight! Opened up a whole new world to this beginner!

QUOTE=Janice McC;6717142]Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]