Old 12-22-2009, 04:51 PM
moreland

I had a 6 ft table stored in my sewing room (it is our extra dining table for family meals). I got the idea of opening it and setting it at right angle to my sewing machine and it worked so well, I wondered why I'd waited so long! Well, then, I decided to get my older sewing machines out, clean and oil them. So, then, it seemed reasonable to leave one of them up on that long table, so I did. What a joy to have my walking foot attached and ready to use. I use my Elna (newest machine) for all my straight stitching. I've never been too happy with the walking foot on it, but love the one on my Bernina (Activia 135 S), so now they are both "at my fingertip" and I love the arrangement. I just wonder why it took me 5 years to figure this arrangement out!! It is easy to let stuff pile up on the end of the long table--I have to take time out to put it away every so often.
I'll take a picture--I have a "U" shape set up--my ironing board is on my right. It is an oversized board my grandson attached to a heavy duty ironing board that raises up and down. The drawers are actually a bedside unit that I use to store my threads.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59277.jpe