View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
mygrommi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475658[/ATTACH]Here is the tension assembly. What looks to be the set spring is connected to a screw inside the machine behind the faceplate and behind the outer tension assembly. I am not sure all the pieces of the tension assembly are there. It seems the set spring should have a loop on the end and it must be broken off.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475659[/ATTACH]In this photo the tension disks and beehive spring are removed showing the main tension screw.
This machine is in bad condition, but I have cleaned it up some since making these photos. The machine has sentimental value to a friend so I hope to make it better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475660[/ATTACH]In this photo I have adjusted the set spring since it seems that it is supposed to protrude through an opening between the faceplate and the body of the machine. The other end of the set spring is fastened very tightly into a hole in the rim of the screw and the spring wraps around the screw several times. I tried to remove the spring from the screw, but could not get it to budge it is fastened so securely in the hole of the rim of the screw.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475661[/ATTACH]This photo shows the opening between the faceplate and the body of the machine where it seems the set spring is supposed to protrude, but there is no loop on the end of the spring on which to catch the thread like on a Singer machine. I do not know what the hole in the body of the machine is for (just above the tension assembly. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement set spring like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475662[/ATTACH]Here is a photo of the entire machine. The word SHAPELEIGH is on the box cover and I can see a faint, faded SHAPELEIGH decal on the machine front of the machine body. I would love to have a copy of a manual for the machine. I believe it is a 3/4 size machine.

I appreciate any help.

mygrommi
Attached Thumbnails img_1964.jpg   img_2045.jpg   img_2057.jpg   img_2059.jpg   img_1980.jpg