View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 04:59 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cmierley View Post
QuiltE where did you buy this package? My Janome dealer said the darning foot is the only foot they sold for the 6600. I tried to fmq with it but I couldn't get the tension right so I went back to my Brothers. I will play around with it some more when I have nothing to do. Lol
...........from my Janome dealer! It is just a standard stock item in their store, and still is, as I was there when someone bought one the other day. How sad that your dealer is not familiar with the products that she sells!

When I bought the machine, I told her that I wanted to do FMQing and she said that it was what I would want. So I negotiated it as part of the deal.

I googled around so you could get a visual as to what you are looking for .........
http://sarahlovesfabric.com/category...-shows/page/2/
.....scroll waaaaaaay down and you will see a red and black package with the main shank and the three interchangeable feet. If you are buying/ordering, just be sure you get the right set, as there is one for high shank, one for low shank. Sorry, I can't remember which the 6600 is!

Despite what this blogger says about the plastic being a problem for visibility, I had no problem at all ... and it was my favourite of the three. It set nicely against the quilt sandwich as I worked on it. With this, you also have an adjustment for height, so you can lower/raise the foot according to your sandwich thickness. You want it just loose enough that your sandwich moves easily under it, but not too sloppy (if you know what I mean?).

When I had used the darning foot for FMQ before, I hated the pounding and bounce ... this set up was enough different that it removed that problem. As I said before, it is what got me hooked and let me know that I could truly enjoy FMQ. Hope you do too!