View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Blackberry

Default My Newest Addition

I always tell myself I have enough sewing machines and there just isn't room for anymore, but when I saw this machine at the local thrift store I just couldn't pass it up. Besides, I don't have a Necchi, so there. It will be OK.
This is a lovely Necchi machine and the color is more of a salmon color than a tan. She runs very quietly but I haven't had time to do any maintenance or cleaning on her. However, from the looks of her I don't think she will require much in the way of cleaning. She came with a number of different accessories some of which I don't know about. There are three different needle plates besides the one on the machine and I can't imagine what the others are for. The accessory with the white top is another one I am unfamiliar with. There is a Necchi needle threader which I think will come in right handy as my eyesight is beginning to fail. (I need a flashlight at every machine). It was bargain day at the thrift store so I got her for $31. The cabinet looks to be in very good shape. I found a manual on line for a Leila 513 but I think the 515 has cams. Other than that would the 513 manual be almost the same for the 515. I have checked ebay for cams but nothing is listed. Are the parts for the Necchi readily available. Also I would appreciate any info that any of you might be able to share about this little beauty.
Attached Thumbnails front-view.jpg   back-view.jpg   underneath.jpg   necchi-accessories.jpg   name-plate.jpg  

base-plate-number.jpg