Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM
KenmoreRulesAll

I've been away, so it's great to read a bunch of comments. I keep learning different brands/badges of machines; there are hundreds of them. And from my reading here and elsewhere, I just might buy a treadle, take my shoes off, and boogie.

Here's a rather familiar, uninteresting machine, one of those "Everyone else has one and so should I" recent purchases:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]475899[/ATTACH]

And here is one where the seller couldn't get rid of it fast enough and I was only too happy to oblige:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475900[/ATTACH]

Both are very nice machines but the Pfaff was a terrible cleaning job. It was covered in thick grimy film about whose origins I don't want to even guess. It was on that machine like glue or paint. I couldn't get all of it off but I got close. To give you an idea, it took me 3 weeks to get it to this point. I haven't tried sewing with it and at this point I don't give a rip. I hear these 130s are used by sailors to sew sails and that comes as no surprise because cleaning it certainly made me sound like one.

The Kenmore is excellent -- but you all knew that already, right?
Attached Thumbnails pfaff130front-800x600-.jpg   pfaff130rear2-800x600-.jpg   158.14301-800x600-.jpg