View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Ruby the Quilter

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I don't know how to pose this question, but I guess I want to know if anyone else has experienced being stuck on one type of quilt?

I made my first Bargello in November, and I just finished my 5th one. I am going to make a mirror image of that Bargello, but I thought I would "take a break" and sort of relax with a different pattern before I started it. (A Bargello isn't hard, but it is a bit time consuming, I think.)

So I started a Turning Twenty, and I wasn't pleased with it. The pieces just seemed too large. So last night I cut each block into fourths, and now I am playing with those pieces. I still am not satisfied. I will play with it a bit more, and then I am going to put it up if I can't get more satisfied with it. Then I will start the Bargello.

I just don't seem to be interested in anything but a Bargello quilt. I am assuming this will pass, but it didn't between my 4th and 5th. I did the same thing. I messed around with a different quilt pattern and finally abandoned it for the Bargello.

So, have you ever sort of been possessed by one type of quilt design? How long did it possess you? I really really like my Bargello quilts, but surely I am not stuck with only liking them?

Thanks for any insight. (Yeah, I know this isn't really a big problem, but I sort of want to know that I am not alone, that I will get back to enjoying a variety of quilts...)

Dina
I keep thinking I want to do one - so any suggestions on a pattern to start?