View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 AM
giquilt

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
OKSewGlad just nudged me that I should post these!! And then later, I'll go back and enjoy viewing the great scrappy works already posted!

Falling Leaves ..... 9 assorted greens for the background, each leaf a different fabric, plus a fabric striped stem bringing the total to 34!! It's all one inch finished squares, and 3"x1" filler strips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266762[/ATTACH]

Stained Glass -- the one many of you have become familiar with as my avatar quilt. It's a Tube Quilt Pattern from Cozy Quilts, California. Never one to follow instructions, I kept making strips with different fabrics and there's somewhere around 80 different fabrics in it!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266766[/ATTACH]

Mexican Wedding Quilt ,,, the next picture shows you all the different fabrics in the ♥ block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266768[/ATTACH]

Many of my quilts are scrappy's. Now I try to include a reference block with some of each fabric. That's what this ♥ block is all about, plus of course, it fits for the wedding theme. Every piece is different coming to a count of 40 fabrics!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266769[/ATTACH]

Same pattern, different twist!!! At the middle near the bottom you'll see a bunch of postage stamps to display the 36 fabrics that are in this quilt. The backing is the same green, fish scale looking fabric as is in the green border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266771[/ATTACH]
very cool idea for a block with all the fabrics. Some historian will love this down the road.