Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 AM
youngduncan

I get a great deal of pleasure in looking for patterns on this board and several other sites. If I find some that I really like [even though I know I will most likely never even attempt them!] I will probably print them out and lovingly place them in the notebook binder files I have on the top shelf of my sewing room bookcase. I carefully put them into the alphabetized table of contents, slip each one into a page protector, and insert them into proper order in the binders.

I make a separate table of contents for each category: articles, quilting, paper piecing, sewing, arts and crafts. When I am feeling the urge to make something, I can pull down my notebooks and "shop" without ever having to leave the apartment. Do I use printer ink and paper? Sure! But I figure that this method costs less than browsing the quilt shops and burning gasoline to get to them. Besides, ultimately my method is less expensive than collecting "bought" patterns I will probably never make.

Okay! Okay! Sometimes I purchase a downloadable pattern to add to my collection. I guess there is just no hope for me now!