View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:53 AM
SteveH
Banned

I love "Make me an offer". It invites me to offer what I truly think something is worth or what I am willing to pay for it.

I see that some folks are worried about "insulting" sellers. I don't get that. THEY said make offer, if they are offended by my offer that is their issue, not mine. If my offer is way lower than the asking price I usually make a "pitch" as to why, but even then I don't care if it hurts their feelings, it should not. it was not a personal anything, just an offer.

Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away I made my living as a telemarketer. I even managed an office of telemarketers for a while. I once showed my staff that I could stay on the phone with a person for 10 minutes AFTER they said no, because they were not willing to hang up on me as long as I kept asking questions. Literally I had a person say "Please hang up, I do not want to talk to you any more", but they would not hang up on me as long as I continued the three steps of telesales (acknowledge the customers objection, turn the objection into a reason to buy, make a closing offer)

(BTW - Disclaimer, I am the person my friends call when they want to go buy a car...)