View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Dina

Originally Posted by mea12 View Post
Dina, i do like the style of that northcott one quite a lot but i like yours better!! i do feel the border is just all wrong for that quilt but that's just a preference thing. Will prob go w/ that pattern for my first..as apparently its too difficult to stop at one! i may try a mini version first as a wall-hanging. that could look pretty amazing too. I do agree w/ previous poster who said these have appeal for all genders/ages..its a really great style with universal appeal and does fall somewhere between traditional and modern.
I agree with you on the border of that pattern, but that is what is neat about quilting. We can make each pattern "our own." I tend to prefer a small inner border of the lightest fabric and then a larger one of the darkest fabric.

In fact, I made a small wall hanging based on that pattern. Let me see if I can find a picture of it. I didn't use all the pattern, but I did start with it. I forgot how many fabrics I used, but you could count them. I like this wall hanging so much that I made the brown Bargello to match it.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001647.jpg