View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 AM
knitwitrosie

Default Quilting On A Home Machine

I know this has probably been asked a ZILLION times, but what's the largest you've quilted on a home, non-quilting machine?

The reason why I ask is I really want to make quilts for my Aunts for Christmas, however paying someone to do the quilting for me is a bit out of the question as it will severely put me over budget. Originally, my sister's MIL offered to do any quilting of mine for cheap/free when she first got her long-arm machine. Things have changed for whatever reason and now the cost to have two lap quilts done is way out of my budget.

The quilts are approx 60" x 76" each, and I'm probably going to just do SITD since I don't have a FMQ foot for my machine. I've got a Janome Sewist 525s as my primary sewing machine, but I do also have a Brother PC-6500 Embroidery/Sewing Combo Unit that has a slightly larger throat (but not by much) but I don't have a walking foot for that one.

I guess I'm just looking to see if ya'll think it's possible for me to quilt these suckers on my own without having to send it out to be done.