Thread: Vintage Bernina
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 AM
Gerbie

[QUOTE=J Miller;6723330]SeworDye,

I cannot speak for all the vintage Berninas but my wife has a Bernina Record 930 she got in 2000 when my cousin died. My cousin had it since it was new back in the mid 80s.

It has been a very excellent machine. Absolutely ZERO problems with it. It had not been cleaned or oiled since my wife got it and who knows how long before that until about 2 years ago.

I took enough packed lint out of the bobbin area to make a cat sweater. I oiled it and cleaned it and it just purrs away.

There are owners here that have Berninas from the 600s up and to date I have not ( or at least I don't remember ) heard any complaints about them.

Joe[/QUOTE

I have a Bernina Record 930 that I purchased new in 1985. I love it and sew on it most of the time, however I do take my FW's to quilt group once month most of the time, because of it's weight and the ease. I keep my 930 cleaned and oiled and have never had this jewel in the shop. I wouldn't trade my 930 for all the tea in China, and I'm truly a tea alcoholic, just wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't think the 930 can be beat.