Old 05-23-2014, 08:04 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... never a dull moment for you!! Are you on countdown to the wedding? Not long! What nice sites and sounds with all those orioles around. Of course, you have so much time for bird watching .... NOT!

CarrieM ... My goodness .... 15 hummers all at once. WOW!!!!!!! After reading OKSGlad's hummer/oriole update, it made me think .......by chance is your new feeder an oriole feeder? I know I have one for each, and they are very similar, and apparently, they know the difference!

JanRN ... that picture will come to life!

Anael ... Oh to be a kid!!!

Honchey ... any date set for your knee yet? Maybe start kitting things, to do during your recovery time?

Any suggestions on what causes skipped stitches when FMQing?
The needle goes down, but the two threads are not joining.
No, not because I am moving too fast.
(... otherwise I would not have seen how it is happening.)

Wednesday night I was FMQing and all was going great. When I stopped, I noted all my settings thinking I would just pick up with them and motor on last night. NOT!!!!!!! I fiddled a lot, tweaked the tension, even tried different stitch lengths. Did a lot of sample work, and tried on the real thing. Each time, all would be good ... then the skipping would start. I can accept the odd skip, but this was too frequent. A lot of frogging and whimpering!

Any help, would sure be appreciated!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-23-2014 at 08:08 AM.