Old 05-24-2014, 05:04 AM
dray965

I love my EQ7. Prior I had owned EQ6 and after fiddling with it for a day or so, I designed a Friendship Quilt for my husband's retirement. EQ7 has made the job even easier.

I've found the yardage to be pretty accurate, but I always buy a little more because I sometimes make cutting mistakes. You might also use that extra yardage for auditioning a block. In addition that extra that you bought adds to your stash.

While I found the lessons and videos that came with it was very helpful, my knowledge took a giant leap when I bought the 3 books that EQ7's website offers. The 1st is how to make blocks. The 2nd is how to draw appliques. The 3rd is how to design quilts. I purchased them in this order and am glad I did.

Warning: While it makes designing and auditioning quilts simpler than it would be by hand, it i a complex program with the abilities to do many, many things. So expect to spend some time in the program and try to not get discourage. If you truly want to design your own quilts, you'll find the effort well worth the time.

I hope you come to enjoy the program as well as I do.