Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Emma S

First, thanks everyone for taking the time to save me from making a serious mistake. Truthfully I thought everyone would suggest backing the flag with flannel or some kind of iron on stabilizer. Boy was I surprised when everyone said, "Don't use it!". Well that's why I asked. Peggi your family crest is beautifully done, I really admire the workwomenship that went into it. Frankly my skills are not up to the challenge and I'm not even sure I would live long enough to complete it. Maniac, thanks for the link. I immediately ordered the panel and will use Betty's suggestion to enlarge a facsimile of the flag I have. Quilts, thanks for your input, you added your voice to a unanimous vote. Monroe, you were the clincher, just have to take the opinion of someone whom has worked directly with the flags as gospel. Irish: As usual your advice is spot on. You did an amazing job on the memory quilt, thank you for sharing. Beth, what an amazing quilt. I have always shied away from the technique of any kind of transfer onto fabric because the hand always seemed so harsh and the printing always looked to faded. The link you provided opens up all kinds of possibilities that I hope to use in the future. Again thanks everyone.