View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Cathieinut

Exclamation Modifying a White Cabinet

OK, looking for opinions or suggestions.
I have been looking at buying a White Embossed cast iron electric machine that has a lovely cabinet but since I impulse bought "another White treadle" I have no room for the machine and cabinet. I was hoping to take the embossed machine out of it's admittedly lovely cabinet and put it into one of my existing treadle cabinets but when I asked the seller for measurements on the machine it was too big to fit into either of the two cabinets I have...sigh.
The one I was hoping to put the machine in is only about 14"x7.25" at the opening and the newest "Twig" cabinet is closer but still maybe as much as a half an inch or 3/4 an inch too small each way as the machine in question was measured at 8x 16 inches.
Has anyone had experience in modifying the opening in a treadle that worked out? I am suspecting the smaller opening must be for a 3/4 size machine as it also has a straight needle plate on the left side of the needle rather than a "mushroom" shaped.
So would anyone also know which White machine might fit into the smaller opening with the straight plate?
Thanks in advance....I would like to buy the machine but am trying to figure out a way to make it work.