Thread: Craftsy classes
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 AM
Sewnoma

My first Craftsy class was the Leah Day FMQ class, and I loved it! They send me emails when classes are on sale; I just purchased 2 more quilting classes the other day for half-off and have watched parts of both. I love that it's self-paced. If I get bored I can just stop it and come back. If I get lost, I can "rewind". And I like that you can watch it at 1.5x or 2x speeds too, so if you just need a very quick refresh on a technique you can zip through and still see and hear what's going on. Some instructors talk too slow for my taste so I'll bump the speed up to 1.5x and they still sound pretty natural. (I'm impatient, and from California. Slow talkers make me crazy...)

Overall I think it's a great resource - I still prefer in-person classes (for the camaraderie if nothing else) but since I have never seen Leah Day teaching classes in my area I think it's a great way to learn specific techniques from specific teachers.

Plus, I often get insomnia, and I doubt the LQS would appreciate me breaking in at 2AM to "take a class", LOL. Craftsy is open 24/7!