View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 06:48 AM
i.fondle.chocolate

Cool Oops - never introduced myself!

Hello everyone!

My name is Ashley, I'm from gorgeous St. Augustine, FL! I'm currently working on my first quilt and expecting baby # 3 come early October.

I'm Deaf, my firstborn is also Deaf. My second can hear. We'll know at birth if the new baby can hear or not! I teach in the high school department at the local deaf school. I'm just completing my first year teaching (I actually survived! OMG!) and while I can see many, many things I need to work on to improve for next year, at the same time I love it!

Anyway, my quilt is a disappearing 9 patch. I started it and realized that the edges weren't matching up very well so I'm starting over. I've finished using my Fabi fabric cutter (from Sizzex) to make them all uniform in size. Hopefully I'll finish in time to bring to the hospital for the birth!

And if you are slightly suspicious on my username, just trust me on this one. I love chocolate, and my addiction is beyond help. As a matter of fact, if I don't have a piece of chocolate nearby just to keep near me, I will buy some and keep it just so it's there for me to eat... That's bad!

It's my Prozac.

Nice to meet everyone! Some of you may recognize me from the chatroom where I usually am nitpicking the brains of the more experienced quilters or just chatting about stuff.

Glad to have found this place!