View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Blackberry

Default Montgomery Ward UHT J1277 ?

I found this lovely Montgomery Ward Machine at the local thrift store and with the price being only $12, I just couldn't pass it up. I think it was probably was the 60's to early 70's but not sure. The manual says there are 11 cams and all of them are in the box along with several other feet and accessories. However, the manual also refers to a zigzag cam which isn't in the box and therefore the machine will not do zigzag. I am wondering if the manual means that the 11 cams are the decorative cams and if possibly the zigzag cam was already installed in the machine at time of purchase. The manual clearly states to use the cam labeled zigzag for making zigzag stitches but if you include the zigzag cam then there would be 12 cams included.

1. Does anyone on this board have this model of Montgomery Ward Machine.
2. Would cams that look very similar from a New Home Machine work in this machine.

It is possible to do zigzag by using the stretch stitch zigzag cam but of course it is not as smooth as the normal zigzag stitch.

Here is a link to a set of New Home cams that I thought might fit this machine but need someone's else opinion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191190010854...84.m1423.l2649
Attached Thumbnails montgomery-ward-uht-j1277-front-view.jpg   montgomery-ward-uht-j1277-back-view.jpg   montgomery-ward-uht-j1277-front-end.jpg   montgomery-ward-uht-j1277-end-view.jpg   montgomery-ward-uht-j1277-cams.jpg