Thread: Need code words
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:47 AM
ube quilting
Power Poster

I have moved many times in my life and I pack everything by the room it goes in first.

Pack one room at a time from the least used or important room to the most used room. All art work from every room comes down ASAP and stored.

I pack the master bath as soon as I learn I am moving and for a while will use the hall bath. Not a big sacrifice.
Garage is next and the attic.
Family room
living room
bedrooms
kitchen/ baths

I mark boxes simply. I never get more specific that this. I leave the boxes in each room until the moving day. Why move stuff more than you have to.
Linen, hall
bedroom, Eleanor
Bedroom, Tanya,
Kitchen, pantry
Sewing, tools
sewing, fabric
sewing, notions

As long as the boxes get to the right room, then each can be unpacked as needed.

I never take anything out of drawers to pack. Take each one and just stack them on top of each other. This just makes moving the dressers easier.

The last boxes out the door and into the truck are the kitchen and bathrooms. You want them to come off the truck first so at least a cup of tea or soup could be made and the utensils are ready to go. And you get towels and soap for an end of the day shower or soak.

I will pack dishes and use paper & plastic for a few days. No big sacrifice here either. I also plan to eat eat sandwiches and dine out for the few last days.

I think I can pack and move a three bedroom house in a few days time but I start packing as soon as I hear that a move is coming so I can take my time with no stress. Good luck with your move.
peace