View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 08:04 AM
DogHouseMom

Cabinets definitely.

A hanging rod for hanging the clothes right out of the dryer.

Trash bin.

My laundry room is on the main floor. It's an L shape that doubles as the furnace/water heater room on one side of the L and the other side is the laundry area. It's too small to call a "room", it's two small closets in an L shape. My washer is my "folding table" and my dryer is where I stack the "already folded". Above the washer/dryer are two cabinets where I store bits of this and that (spare light bulbs, rarely used kitchen stuff like crock pot, batteries, candles, etc.). Immediately to the right (at the turn of the L) is a small stand which holds detergent and other regular laundry supplies, a pile of "rags" on the bottom shelf, and other utility items like the box of trash bags. To the left of my washer/dryer is a hook rack to hang brooms, mops, swifter, etc. Going diagonally across the L (and partially overhanging the utility shelf) is a curtain rod where I can hang clothes out of the dryer - or clothes that need to hang to dry.

It's a small room so I had to make the best of it. It's functional, but because it is small I have to make sure I keep it tidy.

IF I had more space ... I would want a tall cabinet for storage, a small table for folding with storage underneath (I would not want a large table as that would only encourage me to leave clean clothes there instead of putting them away), a rolling rack with a curtain rod, and most of all ... a deep double utility sink!!