View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Karen G

OK, I follow two threads, checking in at least once a week. I got a pm from Barbara inviting me to join this group. I have been cutting and sending candy in a timely manner. I get a pm monthly with the next month's birthdays. I had no idea that there was a thread to follow associated with this group until yesterday! I am not antisocial, just ignorant! Thank you all for the lovely candy pieces. I sorted them yesterday into light, medium and dark. I love to touch them! I've been sewing since I was allowed to hold a needle. I remember playing under my great grandmother's quilt frame. I loved to hear the talk and gossip of her friends and neighbors though I didn't understand a word. They spoke in German! I made doll clothes, sewed buttons on my dad's work shirts and from 7 th grade made most of my clothes. I made shirts for my husband and clothes for my sons. I always knew that I would quilt when I got older. I started quilting at least 40 years ago with baby quilts and started quilting in a more dedicated way in the late 1990s. I garden, read, swim, have two Springer spaniels and love to spend time with my family. My sons live in Wisconsin, Florida, and one in Michigan. I have two grandchildren and one greatgranddaughter. I worked for thirty years as a Registered Nurse, primarily in emergency nursing. Again, thank you for the birthday wishes and candy.