View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Campbell34

I have had several berninas, my old 830 that I just gave my daughter in Colo. I have an old 930 from many years ago pd $1300 for it , I have been offered $1000 for it at the dealers, bought a 440 last year, but went to our local quilt show this year, fell in love with the new 830, traded it in for full purchase price for the new one , I love the push button for everything , no need for a foot pedal if you do not want to use it, best of all is the large space under the arm for quilting , I made a shopping bag yesterday sewed through several layers of material , no problem, yes it was pricey but the computer is guaranteed for 5 years and the rest for 25, OK that will make me 100 when the warranty is up,so by then I won't even care , just went on a quilting cruise, they had Babylocks and Brothers, both were wonderful machines, to use , also pricey but if I had not had the bernina I would have considered the babylock, the babylock had a bunch of hoops and attachments that came with it ,My berninas have never been in the shop for anything , I clean the bobbin area every time I change the bobbin thread, take off the plate and clean under it too with Q tips and a drop of oil in places.