Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
If there is any way you can get some of your items displayed at eye level, do that!
Yes! Height is important and will help people notice your stuff from a distance and will make your booth look more interesting overall. If your booth has a canopy of some kind, consider hanging coat hangers or stringing a bungie cord from the bars inside with some of your small & bright goodies clipped up (clothes pins are cheap and appropriate) so they can be seen from far away even if you have people in front of your table.

In addition to change & a chair, etc - consider having some hand sewing projects with you to work on. Some customers want to be talked to, some shop more comfortably if they feel they have a little privacy - try to sense what your customers are like and if they want to feel left alone you can stitch away on whatever you're working on and they won't feel rushed or awkward. Don't ignore them - try to glance up and smile now and then so they know you're available, but don't feel like every person needs (or wants) 100% of your attention. Plus it helps reinforce that the things in your booth are hand made. AND it'll give you something to do when it's slow!

Plastic bags are a good thing to bring too, if you're selling cloth goods that could become dirty.

If you're going to be outdoors, bring something to weigh down lighter items in case it gets windy.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head! GOOD LUCK! I hope you do well.