View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 AM
dc989

We just visited a friend this past weekend. We had never been in their new home. Her laundry room was huge and absolutely fabulous. The whole end was windows with a sink in the middle of about 12 feet. She uses it to start seeds for her garden because it is a deep shelf. She has a second (yes I said 2nd) dishwasher there because they do so much entertaining. Each side wall is all cabinets upper and lower wih bookshelves for her gardening and cookbooks plus a small desk with her computer etc. All the lower drawers are slider drawers, not shelves because of her crafts etc. The far end is her washer, dryer, freezer and second refrigerator (yes 2nd). But the coolest part was the center of the room which contained a HUGE LONG open shelf lower cabinet. She stores big pots and pans, totes etc. on those shelves. She folds laundry there and so on. The whole unit was easily 12 feet long. I could have lived in that room. Next room over was the mudroom and bath. In the kitchen a pantry which was as big as my whole kitchen. I came home with a major case of jealousy!!!! LOL