View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:32 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I just bought a Huskylock 21. I couldn't pass it up. Its almost the top of the line, one down, I think. It was orginally 1200 and on sale for 300. It had been a floor model and when my store changed locations they found all of these machines, emb, sewing and sergers that had gotten set aside. Now that they are in the new store they want to sell what they don't need. This week the also had no taxes, the store picked that up and also 24 months free financing. What a deal. In may I've signed up for a serger, I guess you can call it a class. We will learn all kinds of things along with quilting on sergers. Its thru our sew n vac so I don't even have to bring my machine, we ALL will have one to sew one. They are also getting ready to start a serger club so it'll be a great way to learn. I haven't used one in over 20 yrs and that was minimum use so I'm learning from scratch. I wanted a self threader buy saving about 800 was worth learning to thread it. One trick I saw on utube. Use a needle to thread it thru the bottom half and up to the needle. So excited.
ok, I know that in this post I said I got the Huskylock 21 and I did. While waiting to get lessons from the dealer I went to a Brother Serger event and fell in love with the Ovation, I love the air threading and the wave stitch. Since I just refinanced my house I knew I could afford it. Plus I know that I can sell my Huskylock 21 and get my money's worth out of it. I only paid the 300 plus tax when its a 1200 dollar machine, so that should be able to recoupe. I still think the Huskylock is great and its fairly easy to thread and mine is under warranty since I had it about a month but I love the Ovation and decided to treat myself.