View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM
J Miller

Bette,

I don't have a web site to show you, but I've done a few so I can tell you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477180[/ATTACH]

1: Remove the face plate.
2: Turn the hand wheel so the feed dogs are all the way down. Lower the presser foot. Check that the presser foot is resting on the needle plate. If so good, if not we'll adjust it. If there is any space between the presser foot and the needle plate you won't get proper fabric control.
3: Back off the pressure foot tension adjusting knob (A) to remove all the spring tension on the foot.
4: Turn the hand wheel to raise the feed dogs all the way up.
5: Loosen the pressure foot clamp screw (B) enough you can turn the pressure foot shaft (C) but not enough it's loose.
6: If the presser foot is resting on the needle plate with the dogs down, simply turn it till the foot and feed dogs are in alignment.
6a: If the foot is not resting on the needle plate, turn the hand wheel till the dogs are down and work the shaft (C) down till it does, then set the alignment as in 4, 5, & 6.
7: Tighten the presser foot shaft clamp screw and check the adjustments. Repeat as necessary as somethings things slip as you're tightening the screw.
8: Tighten the presser foot shaft tension nut (A) back down.

Bette, that is how I have done many of my machines. It's pretty straight forward but sometimes it does take more than once adjustment.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails presser-foot-adjustment.jpg  

Last edited by J Miller; 05-28-2014 at 03:25 PM.