View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 06:00 PM
PlanoDebbie

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
Five years ago when I got married my great aunt made me a beautiful quilt and a friend of the family crocheted a blanket. As a quilter myself, I wholly appreciate the time, effort, and love that went into these gifts but...

They have spent the last five years in my closet because I already had several blankets and they really aren't "my style." I'm trying to decide whether to keep these blankets or donate them to someone who needs them, perhaps Project Linus.

So my question to you is, if you made a quilt for someone and they didn't use it, would you rather that they found someone who would or would you rather than they hung on to it?
I would have a really hard time giving away a quilt, even if it's not my style. Even if it's not on display or being used on a bed, you can always pull it out when you've got extra house guests.

I make lots of quilts for Project Linus, and your quilt and afghan may actually be too big. Their quilts are only for children and generally no bigger than a large lap quilt. It's not intended to be a bed covering.