Old 12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
We are the coolest bunch ever!! :-)

It's a huge thrill knowing that we'll all be working at the same time on the same project. It must be some kind of record, surely. ;-)
Okay guys, my former PR days are twinkling...I think we ought to interest a magazine into writing an article about this..wouldn't that be fun. We should wait until we are a little further into it, but I think we could get some press...I'll bet they'll put KLue's photo in the article as well as some of our blocks. I think it would be a cool piece, don't you think?
oh, i think a bunch of magazines would be willing to write about it.

we might even be able to get quilts shows and museums to put them on display.

i think it would make an awesome show that could travel around the globe. the quilts don't have to be show stoppers for people to have interest - just the fact that a group got together over the internet and made 66 janes in 18 months will bring the public in to check them out.
I think this is an excellent idea! That said, I think there are a few things we would need to find out before we send off our quilts to anyone to show, especially LQSs. I hate to be a downer but there are questions we really should ask, such as... Where will the quilts be displayed? Would they be where anyone can finger them or would they be "Display Only"? Who pays for the shipping? (Likely us, which is fine by me.) Will they be insured while being shown? If damaged, who pays for the repairs? Different people will have different ideas on what is acceptable and what is not. I know I would NOT want to send my quilt to someone who believes it is nice if everyone can finger it and have a "hands on" approach. I've seen horrible things happen in quilt shops to quilts on display. One was even stabbed a couple times with scissors because a mother couldn't keep her child in check and allowed him to run around the store by himself. I've seen quilts with water damage, ripped from how they were displayed (hanging over a door and shutting the door is NOT the proper way to display a quilt!), and various other problems. I've even seen quilts that have become faded where the sun shined through the store windows. After putting in many long hours and over a year to make this quilt, I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit particular about how it is displayed and who is allowed to handle it. JMO.

I would love to be a part of a large Blog on our Baby Janes. :thumbup: I like the International Cyber Jane Project name, but for those who are not familiar with quilting, or even those who are but don't recognize the name Jane, I think we will loose those people because they'll never check us out. Can we add "Quilt" in there somewhere?