View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2 View Post
I suggest that you google quilt shops on the internet. My husband and I were going to the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area a little while back. He went on line and made a list of various quilt shops he found there that would be in our general traveling area. We discovered that many of them were closed or totally out of business. We should have called ahead before we wasted our time driving up there. We ended up going to the Lancaster Quilt Show in downtown Lancaster at the time because there was nothing else. As a hand quilter I was disappointed as most of the show was devoted to the marketing of long arm machines.
Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience in the Lancaster area. I agree most of the show is geared towards long arming and there is little there for hand quilting (I'm one also). But I still enjoy the show when I go (not every year). There are still a number of great shops in the area there. I'm able to get lots of quilting stencils and other supplies at the shops there that are not generally available to me locally. It's close enough for me, as well as having a business need, to go whenever I like. In fact, will probably go again in the next couple of weeks. Need to get my shopping list in order!