Old 05-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I think I'll go! Yeah...I'll definitely need a hotel. I could stay with my son in Berkeley, but that's too far away too. I hate staying in those generic, business hotels. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions? I'm looking for charm and character...and safety.

~ Cindy
I went to this show last year and it was great! Biggest show I've ever been to, and I had fun recognizing quilts on display that I'd seen in magazines. I live in Sonoma county (so we're sort of close) and I stayed in the Hilton that's right across the street from the convention center. It's not particularly charming, but it's nice and clean and I felt perfectly safe there AND it was so easy to just walk across the street to go to the show. I will probably go again this year and stay there again - having Great America right there is great too (the Hilton is literally contained within the Great America parking lot) - that way my DH can go ride the roller coasters (which I hate) while I geek out at the quilt show!