View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 02:31 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I have found the 'guys' in my world who decided to give quilting a try (2 sons and a nephew) are all fabulous at it! they are very precise, their color sense is beyond compare and they are fearless. so creative! and guys are not afraid of color at all- we could all take some lessons from them. when ever I decide to start a new bargello quilt I always choose the color family I want to use- then turn over stacks of fabric choices to one of the guys to decide what I can/should use- and in what order. it was my nephew who was working on appliqued critters one time- he showed me his latest 'critter' and I said- really cute, jess, but this fabric is (wrong side up)...he looked at me as if I had come from a different planet & said- I pay for both sides of the fabric I buy; I liked this side better. lessoned learned- I have now used both sides of fabrics (besides batiks) when the lighter/duller side was a better choice- after all- paid for both sides. the guys also challenge me and push me outside my comfort box. it is always wonderful to see a young man encouraged to take up quilting.