View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Dina

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
Okay ladies & gentlemen, I would like to thank you all for your thoughts and ideas. I really appreciate that no one was critical or harsh with me. The reason this came up was that I am in a phase of my life right now where I need to get rid of clutter. I've been packing up and donating unused items (clothes I haven't worn in years, duplicate kitchen items from when my grandparents passed away, etc). I came across the blankets while cleaning and they met my "unused" criteria.

However, my husband has decided that he wants to use the crochet afghan as a TV blanket, so it is now in our living room AND IS ACTUALLY GETTING USED! I will probably be getting rid of a different, unsentimental blanket instead.

And the quilt I spread out on my bed and flipped it over, something which in all the hustle and bustle of the wedding I had apparently never done and I read the label my great aunt made. She named the quilt "A New Beginning" and included the date and location of the wedding. I have decided to keep the quilt and have vacuum sealed it in a space bag for storage in my cedar chest. Maybe someday I will redecorate our bedroom from maroon and pale gold and will want a pink and purple quilt.
I am glad you are keeping the quilt. I love purple and a purple/pink quilt sounds wonderful to me....however, it is an unusual choice for a wedding quilt. I know I am in the minority when it comes to loving purple. I can't even think of any of my friends, quilter friends, or relatives who would want one of my purple quilts.

But I am glad you are holding on to it. The personalized label makes it way too precious...

I am glad for the afghan, as it has to feel good to be cuddled.

Dina